DAVID C. JAMES (253-625-3933) firstname.lastname@example.org
*Self-motivated thinker who excels under pressure.
*Strong knowledge of songs with the ability to identify what is commercially viable.
*Excellent relationship building skills knowing how to influence and negotiate.
*Results driven work ethic and enthusiastic perspective
*Successful track record of discovering new songs and new talent.
*Creative mindset that will discover, sale and close.
*Diligent problem solver who analyzes customer’s needs.
*Reliable, responsible, respected with a proven track record in the Music Industry.
*Good computer, written, oral and interpersonal skills with a team spirit.
*Many established relationships with decision makers in Film, Television, Radio and Music.
EVENT PLANNER-DISC JOCKEY-EMCEE:
Radio DJ Parties-DJ SuperDave (Founder) 1990-Present-Seattle
*Closed over $100,000 annual revenue grossing over 1 Million Dollars as a DJ.
*Demonstrated salesmanship and fulfillment of over 10,000 Events.
*Maintained client relations with over 1000 Corporations & Public Schools.
*Fulfilled consistent cold calling, prospecting, presentations, negotiations.
PERSONAL-TOUR-DAY TO DAY MANAGER-TALENT AGENT:
The David James Firm (Entertainment Representation) 1994-Present-Los Angeles
*Established over 10 Million Dollars in Entertainment Agreements for such Artists: Second Nature (Heads Up-Concord Records), Nick James (Virgin Records & Sony ATV), Collin Peacock (Epic Records), AJ Gil (American Idol TV), Jordan Omley (Sony ATV), Blake Lewis (Tommy Boy & Republic Records), Tori Kelly (Geffen), Becky G (RCA), Taylor Parks (Sony ATV), John Lindahl ( Def Jam)
*Management representation with duties of discovering, developing, shopping, negotiating, guiding, established bookings & appearances, endorsement deals, song sync deals, publishing & recording agreements.
RECORDING STUDIO EXECUTIVE:
Nick James Music Group (Music Licensing Manager) 2004-Present-Los Angeles
*Worked for Independent songwriters, producers and composers, soliciting music searches, licensing requests in order to place publishing catalog of individual clients songs to obtain placements with Major Record Label Recording Artists, Publishers, Advertisements,
Commercials, Television, Film, Video Games, Web-Videos, Social Media platforms and podcasts.
*Actively pitched publishing catalog and production music library in a manner tailored to the taste and project requirements of music supervisors, editors, filmmakers and producers.
*Listened to and quickly learned a large catalog of material and applied that knowledge to searches and requests for material. tagged and organized audio storage system.
*Logged all licensing activity and prepared annual reports.
*Developed licensing relationships with music supervisors, TV & Film reps and Ad agencies.
*Attended music functions, trade shows and conferences.
*Sent out email blasts, playlists, show invites and other forms of promotions.
*Assisted in quoting, clearing, negotiating and preparing synchronization licenses.
VP of PROMOTIONS & MARKETING:
Crazy Pinoy Promotions (Nasty Nes Independent Promotions) 1998-2000-Seattle
*Northwest Territory Representative, point of contact and Brand Specialist
*Represented many Major & Independent Record Labels, Film & TV companies.
*Managed weekly reports of sales numbers, invoices and licenses.
*Supervised promo-mailings to retailers and music services.
*Provided images of store displays and social engagement showing reach per account base.
*Represented regional direct sales activity during Record Label meetings.
VP of A&R
Heads Up/Concord Records (Record Label) 1994-1998-Seattle
• Evaluated talent and matched with potential audience tastes.
• Oversee the recording, production, mastering, sequencing of artist projects.
• Provided comprehensive feedback on new music to Label President.
• Reviewed and recommend submitted-solicited demos as well as online material.
• Act as Label liaison with artists once they were signed to the label.
• Secured new songs and provided creative input and direction on artist’s material.
• Discovered suitable producers, writers & co-writers, sound engineers and recording studios.
• Coordinated pre-production and production, mixing and mastering.
• Planned and monitored recording budgets for assigned projects.
• Kept projects within agreed budget and scheduled timeline.
• Evaluated recording and mixing progress for Label’s artists.
• Attend live showcases, concerts, trade shows and artists related events.
• Maintained files and records on all shows attended.
• Worked closely with Marketing & Promotions to ensure recorded material was commercially successful.
• Developed and maintained relationships with industry insiders (attorneys, managers, agents, promoters, radio programmers, retail trade and consumer press, tastemakers, DJ’s and the streets).
ASST PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR & RADIO DJ PERSONALITY:
KUBE 93 FM (Seattle Radio) 1990-2000-Seattle
*Developed, planned, coordinated and executed community Promotional activity.
*Street Team organizer and Artist Liaison ensuring hospitality provisions were delivered successfully to touring bands and VIP Artists. Ensured all riders are correct and all dressing rooms are managed effectively to help Artists adhere to show times. Supported the VIP Hospitality Team assisting as a good communicator with a professional, calm, friendly and responsible demeanor.
+Oral Roberts University- Rhema Bible Academy- Marshall Bible School (Religious Studies)
+North Carolina A&T State University -Bachelor of Arts-Broadcasting (MAJOR)
– Corporate Occupational Safety & Health (MINOR)
+Manalapan High School – Englishtown, New Jersey